• I didn't seen any thread about footwear so I though I might start one.
    And here is a starting question: Is there any trick about sewing on the soles? While we use thick threads they are still wear out way to fast to my liking (although admiteddly I walked way too much on concrete and other hard surfaces too)

"Ever noticed when you see two groups who really hate each other, chances are good that they are wearing different kind of hats. Keep an eye on that, might be important"

• Hi

Since our shoe-experts seem to have some trouble with English, I'll translate this to German:

"Gibt es einen Trick die Sohlen anzunähen? Wir benutzen zwar dicken Faden um sie anzunähen, aber irgendwie läuft man die trotzdem viel zu schnell durch (obwohl ich zugegebenermassen etwas zu oft auf Beton und anderen harten Oberflächen gegangen bin).

From my side: The thread rests in a grove on the underside of the sole. And the only thing relevant there is whether the leather of the sole itself gets abrased fast or not. I'm not a shoe-expert, but I do have shoes made by experts ;).

• From my side: The thread rests in a grove on the underside of the sole. And the only thing relevant there is whether the leather of the sole itself gets abrased fast or not. I'm not a shoe-expert, but I do have shoes made by experts ;).

Well, that's pretty much what happened, the leather rubbed down pretty fast and then the threads. Temporarily we changed the sole and made it with a little more lap on maybe that will help.

On the other hand it seems like I'm alone with this problem (witch is not entirely surprising as I have few problems with my feet)

"Ever noticed when you see two groups who really hate each other, chances are good that they are wearing different kind of hats. Keep an eye on that, might be important"