Beiträge von Sonir

really square meter. As in 1 meter X 1 meter. That's how we measure leather here. (and in "tábla" which is basically one whole piece of leather of the respective animal)

I heard many times from you guys that it's hard to get relatively cheap leather, but fortunately that's one of the few things that we can get cheaply in Hungary.

So if anyone interested we can bring you some leather, all of them is vegetable tanned

Goat leather, 0.8-1 mm thickness, 35 euro for one square meter (one whole piece is roughly 0,6-0,7 square meter), we can get a LOT of these
    Cow leather, 1,8-2,5 mm thickness (If anyone seen my leather jerkin it was made from this kind of leather), 50 euro for one square meter, one whole piece is roughly 1,5-1,8 square meter, we have 3 whole piece as of now, can get more, not sure how many.

Also we can get buffalo leather too for 60 euro per square meter, but so far we did not liked to work with, it's too stiff and thick, etc. but maybe someone needs that. If that's the case I can get additional information about them.

Anyway these are what we can right now, and a limited amount we can bring to drachenfest, but also sending through postal services is an option too.

The ranks and such we could understand, so no problem there.
    Two questions though:

- The Fähnlein here means the whole camp / paid fighting force of the camp right?

- at "Ad duodecimum Shall everyone let themselves be send by the officers however it pleases them if the tatoo is played/ and they shall gather with them"
    What does the tatoo mean? The sound played for gathering?

I would like to ask for a little help as the Hungarian group that comes with me now got a clearer picture for our logistics.

It seems like that we won't have enough room for tents to bring with us (nor do we have a big enough or proper looking one, only a few smaller ones) so I'm asking if anyone have spare room in their tents for us. There will be five of us (4 men 1 woman), I'm interested in any solutions.

I finally got the video footage of the marrige in the Red camp (of the franch group Caradoc Company) where some of us were also present:

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

four years ago there was a cannon crew in the blue camp which used VERY effectively their cannon in the battles. They stayed behind the formation while reloading, then when they were ready they signalled, a few people with polearms walked in front of it while the rest of the formation oppened up a little, shot the cannon from the front rows, then retreated back while the closed in.
    So it is possible, the qestion is if this or other kind of methods are compatible with our fighting method and if this worths the effort to drill for that too.

About the firing thing, if the string that pulls up the whole thing is a transparent fishing line for example it doesn't look that silly and the one who operates it doesn't have to stand literally next to it.

meanwhile different approach:
    So as long as there is no stopping device it's cool? because we can make one where you pull the elastic band with a string and releasing it will shoot out the foam ball. That way it would be technically a bow.

Drachenfest is a public event as the condition to enter is only to buy a ticket.

Ehh, didn't knew that. Here if you have to buy a ticket that doesn't count as a public ticket anymore (even for photograph reasons. Laws for making photos are kind of fucked up around here.)

Anyway, then technically ALL the crossbows illegal on drachenfest? Because that's really messed up.

we didn't solved it yet, but looked at the options. Hubert recommended a rubber band mechanics that is closer to a crossbow work-wise but can be made in a way that it looks like a cannon. (and probably we can put some sound effects in it, either electronically or with "party popper" thingies that make a good enough sounds)

Sadly the gas operated cannons not allowed and our existing one is like that that's why we make a new one.

Hi!

It seems like that I will be able to finally bring a group of hungarians in 2017 to the camp and the idea cam up that we could build a larp safe cannon (that are compatibel with the rules and the local laws) and bring that too with us.

The real question is: Does the camp need a cannon? Can we use it in a meaningful way?

In my opinion it is possible to use it attached to the formation in one way or another and be effective with it even against other formation not just against walls.
    That said I also realize that it can cause mobility problems for the formation, plus probably there are other things that I didn't thought of.

Any comments/ideas on this?